Saturday, August 23, 2014

Festival of Food: Sweet, Sweet Jamaica (Pt 4)

Hello lovelies, 
I'm not going to rant as normal! Just wanted to stop by and share with you about my favorite dish while on my vacation . When I was growing up, I was allergic to fresh fish. Whenever I ate it my lips swelled up and itched uncontrollably.  I once couldn't breath just by the smell alone. So now I'm happy to say, I've outgrown the allergy. This is a great thing, because my Jamaican culture includes amazing fish dishes. I was able to indulge this time around! Yes! I mean, mouthwatering fish dishes that makes you want to dance! 
My family and I went out to eat at a restaurant, located in Portmore, St Catherine. The name of the restaurant is Jolly's. We end up ordering enough food to feed us twice! Needless to say we had lunch for the next day. I wasn't complaining... It was very tasty. Fish done three different ways (fried, brown stewed, & steamed) festival, bammi, steam vegetables and potato salad was on the menu, which equaled to a great night out. 
Outfit Credit:
Dress: oslynboye: JCPenney
Sandals: JCPenney
Bracelet: vintage 

No comments:

Post a Comment