Sunday, August 17, 2014

Sweet, Sweet Jamaica(pt. 1): Island Love

Hello lovelies, 
Yes, it's been some time since we've last communicated. I was on a well deserved vacation. If you didn't know before, your now well informed, that I'm a very proud Jamaican. I was born in Brooklyn, New York , but my parents and my entire family is from Jamaica. I've been traveling to Jamaica, yearly, since before I could walk! I deeply identify myself with my culture. It's who i am, and where my pride resides. My husband is also from Jamaica, which closely ties me to my roots and I could not be more complete.
I had an awesome time on vacation  with my family and I'm completely regenerated. It's very important to take breaks. My last trip before this one, was a week before I enrolled to school. (3 years ago!) I was in Jamaica as well, as I returned i started my undergrad studies.  This break was well deserved, seemingly I will be starting my Masters studies next month! yayy! 
Now to the fun stuff! I've broken down my vacation photos in sections, because I've taken more than planned. They are all so awesome and completely blogging worthy! Part one scenery was shot in Port Antonio, Portland with my husband, my daughter, and my sister (my husband's sister). 
Whenever I go to Portland a feeling of home comes over me, it's the soil of my ancestors  and the foundation of who I am.  
One Love,
Outfit credits:
My dress: Forever 21
My daughter's Dress: Old Navy
My Sandals: JCPenney
My daughter's sandals:  Gymboree
Purse: Forever 21
Finger bracelet: H&M 

No comments:

Post a Comment